Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 23: Husband's Delight Casserole


You will need:


1 1/2 lb ground beef

1/4 tsp garlic

1 tsp salt

1 tsp sugar

1 large onion

1 tsp pepper

1 jar of spaghetti sauce (your choice)

8 oz cream cheese

8 oz sour cream

8 oz egg noodles

1 cup grated cheese



Get cookin' ya'll!



Brown ground beef and onion. Add seasonings and spaghetti sauce. Simmer 15 min. Cook noodles as package says. In a baking dish: layer 1/2 noodles, 1/2 meat mixture. Add cream cheese and sour cream. Layer remaining noodles and meat mixture. Top with cheese, cover with foil. Refrigerate for 8 hours. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.



What we thought:



Jimmy gave this a 9/10. I will give this a 8.5/10. It filled me up for sure, it is a delight, but this will be one of those once every two weeks, once a month kind of meals. I am more of a chicken person and I try to stray away from pasta. I did use light/low fat cream cheese and sour cream as well as egg yolk pasta....i think thats what it is called. It doesn't sound too healthy but I believe the pasta I used is healthier for you compared to the regular pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment