Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 21: Cumin Grilled Chicken


What you will need:


cooking spray

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves pounded to 1/2 inch thickness

2 teaspoon ground cumin

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper



Directions:



Spray grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Rub chicken breasts with olive oil. Combine cumin, salt, and pepper and rub spice mixture evenly onto chicken breasts. Grill until grill marks have formed and chicken is cooked through; about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from heat, let rest for 5 minutes, then slice into 1/2 inch thick slices.



What we thought:



Where to start....well, I was on the phone the whole time so I wasn't looking at the directions, but I did something sort of to the directions. I combined the oil and cumin (forgot the salt and pepper, but I usually dont season with them anyways) in a bowl and put the chicken breast onto the grill. I did not pound them out, instead, I left them as is. With that said, this is a healthy dinner and it still tasted good. Jimmy rated it an 8/10 since it was a healthy meal (he has given worse) and I would rate it a 7/10. I really like the idea of just using cumin and oil and saving all the marinades and bbq sauces to save calories. I will be doing this again for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment