Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 15: Catalina Taco Salad


It's taco thursday! So on today's menu, we are having Taco Salad!




1 lb. ground beef- browned
1 can kidney beans
1-2 C cheddar cheese- cubed
1 head lettus-chopped
1 bag Spicy Nacho Cheese Doritos
1 small red onion chopped (optional)

Catalina salad dressing

1. Brown meat, drain and mix with salt and pepper, you could add a taco seasoning pkg, but it doesn't need it.
2. In large bowl mix: lettus, beans, meat, cheese, onion (if desired)
3. Serve. Add crunched up Doritos and Catalina dressing to taste.

What we thought:
Jimmy rated this a 9/10. He really enjoyed it. I would rate it 8 1/2-9 out of 10. I found it very filling but I wanted an extra spice or something. I will make this again for sure. I used Fat-Free Catalina dressing and fritios instead of doritos. I think I will try the doritos next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment