Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 14: Slow Cooked Honey -Lemon Chicken with Potatoes


I saw this on the Rachael Ray show. Here is her link for the recipe:http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/slow-cooker-meal-honey-lemon-chicken-potatoes/


I decided to go with this recipe because I am under the weather with a cold, so my energy is very limited, and the last thing I want to be doing is cooking. Since I am tired of Taco Bell, which Jimmy brings home, I can spend 10-15 minutes prepping a meal, and letting the slow cooker do the rest of the cooking.



What you will need:



  • 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs

  • Salt and ground black pepper

  • 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes

  • 1 small onion, chopped

  • 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated

  • 4 to 5 sprigs thyme, leaves picked and chopped

  • 2 lemons, thinly sliced

  • 1/4 cup honey

  • 1/4 cup chicken stock or water



  • To finish:

  • Zest of 1 lemon, cut into strips

  • 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped

  • 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted

Get Cookin' ya'll!:





n a skillet, heat EVOO over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and brown on both sides.



Scatter the potatoes, onion, garlic, thyme and lemon slices in the bowl of a crock pot. Season with salt and pepper. Lay the browned chicken over the veggies and drizzle with honey. Add stock, cover and cook, undisturbed, for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.



Serve each portion topped with a combination of lemon zest, parsley, toasted nuts and balsamic drizzle.




Our thoughts:


Jimmy said this was bland and I have to agree. I would never make this meal again. It was not eye pleasing nor did it please my tastebuds. I would rate this a 1/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment