Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 13: Deep Fried Chicken Sliders




I very, rarely ever eat deep fried chicken unless its chicken tenders. I happened to tune into the Rachael Ray show this morning, and saw that she was cooking deep fried chicken sliders. I thought about making it tonight , but decided against it. Then I was watching the Food Network's 'Cooking for Real' and this chef was making deep fried chicken as well! So, I gave in. You can find Rachael's recipe on the following link: http://rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=3208
I did not follow this recipe mainly because I didn't have the recipe at the store.

What I used:
Store bought biscuts or home made biscuts
1 lb of chicken breats
Flour, Salt, & Pepper
Palmful of paprika
Palmful of garlic powder
Honey for drizzling
Vegetable oil

In a bag or bowl, combine flour, salt & pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. You can dip the chicken in egg and then dip the chicken into the flour mixture so the flour will stick better, or you can moisten the chicken with water before hand.
Meanwhile, you will be wanting to heat the vegetable oil in a pan.

Cooking tip: Rachael Ray said that in order to know if your oil is heated enough, stick the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil. If bubbles start bubbling around the stick, its hott enough.


While you deep fry the chicken, heat the biscuts. Place the deep fried chicken onto the biscuts, drizzle with honey and hott sauce. Enjoy.

What we thought:

Jimmy rated this a 9. I asked him why he rated it a 9 and he said, "because it tasted delicious". I have to agree with him. This really really hit the spot. The reason we think it hit the spot was because of the honey. The honey just made it so sweet, and the chicken was cooked perfectly. The chicken wasn't overcooked, it was juicy, the biscuts was a little over done but I couldn't tell. The only thing I hate about this meal is the way the oil makes my house smell like KFC, and the leftover oil. I will most definitely make this meal again, as long as I have honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment