Sunday, November 14, 2010

Flank Steak with Raspberry-Chipotle Sauce

This is Jimmy's dish that he makes, and I enjoy every bite! For the BBQ sauce, you can use any kind of sauce that you think will go great. We bought Sticky Fingers: Carolina Sauce this time around.

Ingredients:

large zip-top bag
1/3 cup molasses
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
2 lb flank stead
1 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup raspberry preserves
3 tablespoon chipotle mustard
1 tablespoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
aluminum foil
6 bakery hamburger buns


1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Place in zip-top bag, molasses, worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and liquid smoke; shake to mix. Add flank steak; seal tightly and knead bag to evenly coat the steak. Transfer meat and marinade to 2-quart baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 F (for medium-rare). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
2. Combine remaining ingredients (except buns) in medium bowl. (Sauce may be warmed, if desired. Place in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until warmed)
3. Transfer steak to cutting board and cover loosely with foil; let stand 5 minutes. Slice meat thinly (across the grain). Place meat on buns, top with sauce, and serve

What we thought:

So apparently I forgot I had put this recipe on blogger already, but I decided I would keep this on the website since I took the time to type out the recipe! Of course, this is a 10/10 because A) its delicious! B) I didn't make it-Jimmydid.
Just imagine, it's cold outside, theres Christmas music playing, the heater is turned on to roughly 75, your husband or significant other is asking your for ingredients like a doctor would ask a nurse for a scapel and any other tools during surgery, and your cat is getting into cupboards and playing with plastic bags. Thats pretty much how our cooking experience went, except oddly enough, it was pretty romantic. Now I just need to find another recipe my husband enjoys making. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Hi... thought I stop by and see what you're cooking. I love the ingredients in this recipe.

    ReplyDelete