Monday, November 8, 2010

Classic Tuna Noodle Casserole


I've never, ever have eaten Tuna Noodle Casserole before. I've always thought it was one of those recipes your mama's mama made back in the day, so I decided to give it a whirl. Also, my three cans of tuna were screaming to get of my cupboard so that was a plus. I got the recipe off Allrecipes
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (regular or 25% Lower Sodium)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 cups frozen peas
  • 2 (10 ounce) cans tuna, drained
  • 4 cups hot cooked medium egg noodles
  • 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted

  1. Stir soup, milk, peas, tuna and noodles in 3-quart casserole.
  2. Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until hot. Stir.
  3. Mix bread crumbs with butter in bowl and sprinkle over tuna mixture. Bake for 5 minutes more.

What we thought: Jimmy rated this a 9. I rated this a 7. I love, LOVE seafood, but this seemed too...."fishy", for lack of better word. It was simple, perhaps too simple? I don't know, this wasn't my cup of tea, but Jimmy enjoyed it. This goes back to my theory that he tends to like the casserole-ly dishes, as I enjoy more "complicated" dishes? Anyway, cheap and easy to make! Maybe I will make it again in a couple of months? I would like to make a more modern version of the dish. Perhaps a seared tuna over homemade pasta and a mushroom sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment