Thursday, November 4, 2010

Oven Baked Pork Chops


I had bought some pork chops on sale a few weeks ago that I put in the freezer. Since my husband informed me that we went through our budget for the week, I had to improvise! No problemo! I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but I found the recipe at All Recipes. Luckly I had all the ingredients in my cupboard screaming to get used!
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 6 pork chops, trimmed

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a small bowl, thoroughly blend soy sauce, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, and ketchup.
  3. Place pork chops in a medium baking dish, and spread with 1/2 the sauce.
  4. Bake pork chops 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn, and spread with remaining sauce. Continue baking 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of the chops has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
What we thought:
I am very pleased with this meal. It was not planned, and I had all the ingredients in my cupboard! Jimmy rated this a 9.5/10 and I would rate this the same. It was really good, and I will most definitely make this again. I had a can of carrots, so I sauteed them in light butter and brown sugar. DELISH! I saved some of the sauce, heated it up in the microwave, and put the sauce over the pork chop and white rice. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment