Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 44: Job Chae (Take Deux)


When in Knoxville, I visited the Asian Supermarket, and if I could have I would have bought the whole store! I did end up buying rice noodles, sesame oil, bag of rice, and a sushi mat. I have been trying to recreate Job Chae that I previously have tried, except this time, I thought I had the correct noodles, that could possibly get the job done. Since I had just got done working, instead of using fresh vegetables, I just used frozen vegetables.


I basically followed the Job Chae recipe and instead of using spaghetti, I used rice noodles.



What we thought:



Jimmy would rate this a 7. Lets say he is much more generous that I am going to be. I would rate this a 1. I found it very bland, and for some reason, it lacked the flavor compared to the first time I made job chae. The noodles were different. I am usually very open minded about food, and usually i will try anything twice, even if I hate it, but these noodles lacked the texture and taste that I am used to. I probably did not make them correctly since this was the first time I even attempted to cook rice noodles. I will do more research on rice noodles, and maybe they will be great with different ingredients. I am still trying to perfect job chae. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment