Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 37: Spaghetti and Meatballs



Today my sister, Jasmine, will be cooking and contributing to the blog today! I decided to do something easy tonight, and I figured Spaghetti and home made meatballs are perfect!




What you will need (Meatballs):





1 lb of ground beef


2 eggs


bread crumbs (enough to hold beef together, about 8-10 crackers)


2 tablespoon parsley


Onion (1/2 cup or so. I like lots of onions, so I will probably use more)


1 tbsp Olive Oil


1/4 cup parmesan


Salt & Pepper






Spaghetti:


Enough spaghetti to feed your family


Jar of sauce










Directions:


1. Cook pasta according to directions.


2. Prepare the meatballs. Mix by hand in a large bowl beef, parsley, eggs, breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Use small melon baller, or teaspoons to form 1-inch round meat balls (or your hands). Roll and compress into tight balls.


3.Heat frying pan on high heat. Add olive oil. Sear and brown meat balls on all sides. About 2-3 minutes. Depending on pan size you may need to brown two batches of the meatballs. Do not crowd the pan by stacking the meatballs. Cook in a single layer. Do not over-cook.


4. Combine cooked meatballs and sauce in a pan or crockpot. You can heat meatballs in crockpot all day on low or you can heat the meatballs on high for few minutes till sauce is warm






Ashley's Thoughts:


I really enjoy these, whenever we do make them. I blanched some spinach and put the spinach in the sauce to add a little bit of vegetables to it. Jimmy would rate these a 8/10. I guess i'll agree with him. He said these meatballs were missing something. Maybe I should have put like a jalapeno pepper of put cheese in them to make them "pop".

No comments:

Post a Comment