Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 41: Shrimp Pasta Salad


My mom called and recommended a recipe my sister Jasmine and I could make for the blog. I was very eager to try it! It sounded good, and healthy. I had it before at Gilligan's Bar & Grill in Harrisburg, PA. This is where mom got the idea from, I believe. It is very simple to make!


Ingredients:



1 bag of dole lettuce (the salads in the bag. Preferably either spring mix or mediterranean blend)

1-2 roma tomatoes

1 cucumber

1 pound of precooked shrimp with old bay on them, peeled.

Shredded mozzerella cheese

2 cups of corkscrew tricolored pasta cooked as directed

Salad dressing: recommend Balsamic Vinergerite Dressing



Directions:



Cook pasta as directed, once cooked through, chill in cold water, set aside.

Take shrimp if chilled and remove shell and cook just till warm (should already be precooked)

Arrange on plate:

Lettuce

Tomato slices

Cucumber slices

Cup of pasta

Shrimp

Cheese



Ashley's Thoughts:

Jimmy rated this a 7/10 (he's not a lettuce person). I would rate this an 8.5/10. The only thing I wanted was, was more spice on the shrimp. Maybe I am starting to like spicey foods more? Old Bay is still good. I get Old Bay on my mongolian grill chicken at this one restaurant. I forgot to top my salad off with cheese, but that saves the calories anyways. I would make this again for sure! It adds a twist to my regular salads!

No comments:

Post a Comment