Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fancy Taco Bowls

I made these a while back, and I totally forget how I came up with the recipe. Most likely I found it online. I would have made my taco bowls with ground turkey, but I had a pound of ground beef begging to be used.

As we all know, I LOVE cilantro. Love love love cilantro!! Ya, that's a lot of love :) this recipe has....you guessed it! Cilantro!
When you go to the store, you will need to purchase the following:

Ground beef, turkey, or chicken (whatever suits your fancy)
A jar of your favorite salsa
A mango or two
An avocado
White or brown rice (I used brown)
[drum roll please...]
CILANTRO


Cook your rice according to directions. When the rice is done cooking, you will want to mix the rice with the cilantro. Easy peasy!
Next you will want to ground you meat, drain it, and mix the jar of salsa with it.
You will also need to cut the mangos and avocado into little bite sizes.

If you wanted to, you could throw all the ingredients into a bowl, and you're done. When I am feeling fancy, that's not my style. What I did was super easy and you can do it too! What I did was I took the warm rice mixture, put it into a little bowl, packed it in , took a plate and coved the top of the bowl with the plate and flipped it over. That will mold the rice into the cute little round mold and all you have left to do is decorate it on top with the meat and fruit. Key is to use warm rice so it will hold its texture. Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment