Friday, May 24, 2013

Balsamic Marinated Steak with Steak House Salad

I got this recipe off of The Chew's website. This looked really good, and honestly, I decided to make this on the spur of the moment. Instead of typing their whole recipe, I will just leave a link to their website and you can print it off if you wish!

Click Here for the Recipe


so the recipe calls for flank steak, and it is definitely healthier, but when I went to the grocery store they did not have flank steak so I went with a tri Tip. I go to to this grocery store called IGA. I had no idea what IGA was until they opened up literally right outside my neighborhood. It is so convenient; I can put my daughter in a stroller and just walk to it without getting run over by a car. Its perfect. BUT... they do not have makeup, certain medicines, etc. However, they have amazing prices on their produce and meat. Anyways, when I went to the store early in the morning, I talked to the butcher and since they did not have flank steak on hand, he convinced me to use a tri tip. It was good, but the marinade caramelizes quickly on the steak so my husband took it off early thinking it was ready, and it was not. We are not big grillers. We just got a grill so we are still learning :) The recipe was still good, and I love love love the blue cheese in the house salad, however, i would not go out of my way to make it unless I had no idea what to make  and some extra money to spend on some meat (ie: flank steak or tri tip). This recipe will work with many kinds of beef, but if you are watching the calories, go with the flank steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment